How To Make Money on Instagram #2
In our “How to make Money on Instagram” series, Gram To Grands explores the various ways Instagram users are making big bucks on the platform.
This information isn’t just for your own interest, you can copy the exact methods below and start generating income from Instagram today.
Make a commission by selling other people’s products
What is “affiliate marketing”?
Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing whereby you refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
This commission varies from $1 to $100,000 depending on what product you are promoting.
You’ve no doubt encountered affiliate marketing on the Internet without even realizing it. Lots of popular blogs and websites write about particular products and then link to Amazon or an online store. They receive commission money when you click on the link and buy the product. As an affiliate, the blog receives a little ‘tracking code’ from the product creator that enables them to know if you have bought the product.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online because you do not need to go to the effort of creating a product yourself or dealing with returns or complaints – all you do is refer someone to a particular product and get paid if they make a purchase. Simples!
Affiliate marketing on Instagram
To get started with affiliate marketing you need to sign up to a merchant that has an affiliate program so you can sell their products and receive a commission for each transaction.
Examples of affiliate networks which you can sign up to to find affiliate programs/links:
- Sharesale: Find companies you want to work with, sign up for their affiliate program, get approved then start promoting. In some programs, it’s easier to get approved if you have a blog or website.
- Ebates: Refer people that love deals & discounts, then get commission.
- Stylinity: great for fashion bloggers. When people shop using your link, you’ll get commission.
- Clickbank: the largest affiliate-marketing network for digital products like eBooks, software and membership sites in different categories.
- Amazon Associates: Become an associate and start getting commission for selling any products on Amazon
- Ebay Partner Network: Become a partner and start getting commission for selling any products on Ebay
- Rakuten: the second largest affiliate-marketing network for digital products like eBooks, software and membership sites in different categories.
There are hundreds – if not thousands – of sites which you can sign up to to become an affiliate. Popular brands such as ASOS often have affiliate programs – just google your favorite brand, see if they have an affiliate program, and sign up to get your unique affiliate link.
You can then put your affiliate URL on your Instagram captions and in your Instagram bio so that when people purchase through your link, you get a commission.
It really couldn’t be easier.
Ideas to get started:
- Create a fashion-themed Instagram account
Affiliate marketing is particularly popular with clothing on Instagram, as you can post your “OOTD” (outfit of the day) with the affiliate link sending followers to your full outfit details.
- Create a travel-themed Instagram account
For those involved in the travel industry (or simply those that love to travel – ahem, all of us!), you could try to set up and use affiliate marketing when taking part in reviews for hotels and venues. Simply direct followers to book through your link!
- Create a beauty-themed Instagram account
It’s also great for beauty bloggers, as you can invite people to “shop the look.” These methods are subtler and, as such, more effective than a direct sales type pitch.
Need more help making money on Instagram?
Gram To Grams has a variety of ways to make it easier for you to make money on Instagram:
- Download our free Ebook: “10 Ways to Make 10K in 10 Days on Instagram”
- Book a consultation with a Gram To Grands Instagram coach
- Take our Infamous To Influential Instagram course
- Buy the top Instagram Marketing guide for Kindle at Amazon